About - Right On Course
The Main Client requirements and realized mobile Android and iOS apps functionality:
- Working in offline mode if it doesn't have an internet connection and sync data when a connection is
- GPS Tracking to be very accurate to show the HI-Fliers Distributors walking both sides of streets and to
show the actual walk to the mailboxes
- Backend database to feed data to the Mediatrack system in the required format
- Customisable reporting system and admin management functionality
- An implemented API to establish the system connectivity.
- An App data feed to be displayed on the web application interface to show data within the
management Mediatrack portal
How It Works
The Right On Course apps was developed using the native framework to code the both iPhone and Android to achieve client’s requirements:
How can Right On Course help you?
Web & Mobile Apps Development Services
- The following steps are carried out on the desktop at Mediatrack.com.au by Hi-Fliers administrators.
- Hi-Fliers administrators create maps of various distribution areas and draw boundaries and notes.
- The maps are created on .ASP [classic] pages using Google Map Drawing API’s.
- The maps references, zoom factor, drawn objects, markers, etc. are stored in an Access database on the MediaTrack server.
- Hi-Fliers administrators create distribution jobs for various clients. The jobs are stored in an Access database on the MediaTrack server.
- When/as required, Hi-Fliers administrators use the Job Planner web application to allocate specific maps to a job and then also allocate specific Walkers to those areas.
- The Planner job system automatically sends out a notification email to the required Walker(s) informing them of the job and the required area(s). The email may contain several map areas, and for each zone, the email has two links. The first link takes the Walker to a web page showing the area and the boundaries and notes so they can see just where they are required to walk and deliver the items. The links have embedded detail as to the job number and Walker number etc. for verification purposes.
- Start/Load the iPhone or Android Mobile App, which would load the area map and boundaries from the Mediatrack site.
- Allow the Walker to “START” walking to start tracing/mapping their movements.
- Allow the Walker to “STOP/PAUSE” the tracing so that they can do one part of the map one day and then complete the walk at another time.
- Allow the Walker to “Continue” or “Finalise” the walk.
- If the Walker “Finalises” the walk, they would be taken to a screen that would allow them to fill in the quantity of items over or under and then submit the completed job.
- The app would then store the GPS data points together with additional information into the system DataBase.
- The system Uploads/communicates the job number, Walker ID, Quantity Over/Under, Area GPS Points, Walkers Boundaries Geo Area to the MediaTrack/Hi-Fliers system, and then sends an email to the Hi-Fliers administrator alerting that the area has been completed.